Housing Development Director
Tioga Opportunities, Inc. is a private nonprofit, Community Action Agency that has served residents of Tioga County for over 50 years. Multiple departments work collaboratively to help vulnerable individuals and families move toward self-sufficiency and financial security.
Our Mission: Tioga Opportunities, Inc. creates partnerships that strengthen communities while empowering individuals and families to achieve independence and enrich their quality of life.
Position: HOUSING DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Type of Position: Full time, exempt
The Housing Development Director is a senior leadership position charged with the planning, resource development, implementation and management of projects, oversight of rehabilitation projects, and new construction for the Tioga Housing Partnership (THP) to ensure that the objectives of each project are accomplished within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters; prepares presentations, materials, and makes recommendations to the THP Board based on research, data, and feedback from the THP steering committee.
- A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or registered college or university with major work in Community Planning, Housing Development, Construction Management, Business, or closely related field; AND three years of progressively responsible administrative/supervisory/financial management experience in Community Planning, Housing Development, construction, or a closely related field.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as indicated above.
- Ability to analyze complex data, perform sophisticated analysis and make appropriate recommendations and decisions; experience with project software (CAD) a plus.
- Ability to read, write, interpret project and product specifications, contract documents, construction plans, blueprints, invoices, etc.
- Decision-making - ability to prioritize multiple tasks, follow projects through to completion, work with minimal supervision.
- Communication proficiency – able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff, management, Board members, community partners, elected officials, etc.
Generous benefits include medical/dental insurance; pension; vacation & sick leave; paid holidays; etc.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 DOE
Apply: Please send cover letter and resume with completed application to:
Tioga Opportunities, Inc.
9 Sheldon Guile Blvd.
Owego, NY 13827