Tioga Opportunities, Inc. is a private nonprofit, Community Action Agency that has served residents of Tioga County for over 50 years. Multiple departments work collaboratively to help vulnerable individuals and families move toward self-sufficiency and financial security.
Our Mission: Tioga Opportunities, Inc. creates partnerships that strengthen communities while empowering individuals and families to achieve independence and enrich their quality of life.
Position: MID-LEVEL PRACTITIONER
The person in this position Assures the delivery of quality health care and education to those seeking services in the Family Planning clinic. Responsible for the initiation and maintenance of reproductive health care to patients. Care shall be delivered in collaboration with other members of the health care team and under the standing orders of the Medical Director.
- Conducts physical exams
- Performs diagnostic tests and screening evaluations
- Interprets laboratory data, and orders appropriate additional laboratory tests when indicated
- Recognizes deviations from normal and refers patients for evaluation and treatment of abnormal conditions, as per standing orders of the Medical Director
- Implements and supervises regimens of care based on patient evaluation and according to medical standing orders
- Prescribes contraceptives and other medicines and orders medical tests as needed
Work schedule: Mondays: 11AM - 7PM; Tuesdays - Fridays: 9AM - 5PM; no weekends; paid holidays
Generous benefits include medical/dental insurance; pension; vacation & sick leave; paid holidays; etc.
Minimum qualifications and skills:
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant training program
Current license and registration to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in New York State
- Training or experience in reproductive health care
- Commitment to philosophy of the family planning program, i.e., that every individual has the right to govern all reproductive choices, as those choices relate to her/himself
- Interpersonal skills to relate well with individuals of all socio-economic levels
- Well-developed organizational skills, ability to establish priorities, and to maintain accurate records
Apply: Please send cover letter and resume with completed application to:
Tioga Opportunities, Inc.
9 Sheldon Guile Blvd.
Owego, NY 13827