President & CEO
The Tioga County Chamber of Commerce is searching for a visionary leader to assume the role of its next President and CEO. This leader will help build upon the rich, 100-year history of the Tioga Chamber. The Tioga Chamber is a dynamic organization dedicated to helping all businesses in Tioga County grow, and to encourage new business startups within our county. The chamber works closely with other county organizations such as Tourism, Economic Development, Department of Labor, and county and local governments to name a few. The President and CEO is the face of the chamber.
The ideal candidate for this job is someone who is passionate about Tioga County, and is eager to positively impact and assist the local business community. This person must be comfortable meeting and dealing with people from all walks of life and all areas of the county, have a fundamental understanding of the challenges faced by small businesses, and the can-do attitude to help find solutions to those challenges.
- Prior professional experience in business and / or non-profit management experience
- Familiarity with non-profit financial reporting, budgeting and reporting requirements
- Experience in planning, promoting events and gaining public support and fundraising using all means of media
- Leadership experience and the ability to actively participate with other county organizations such as TEAM Tioga, and local chamber/business organizations.
- Experience in organizing and leading boards and volunteer recruitment
- Public speaking and group facilitation
- Ability to motivate and organize groups toward common goals
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a must. Familiarity of ChamberMaster preferred
- Knowledge and Interest in the current and future Tioga County business environment and business challenges in order to plan effective and appropriate chamber events to provide meaningful small business education
- Must be willing to travel within Tioga County
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
- Must be willing to use personal vehicle to attend and support chamber events
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screening
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Attend outdoor events with exposure to heat and cold
- Occasional travel
Tioga County Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected class or status. Tioga County residents are encouraged to apply.
Please attach your resume with salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 /year
- One location
- On the road