Your Opportunity + Impact
The Engineer functions as a technical leader and is required to have a Professional Engineer (PE) license and commensurate work experience. This position will coordinate overall design activities, project submission schedules, and will be responsible for additional Quality Assurance and Quality Control duties to help ensure the final products meet the technical requirements and goals of the client.
- Performs independent planning and design tasks, reviews work of others, prepares construction documents, and successfully delivers projects to completion.
- Has experience with technically complex projects.
- Possesses knowledge of codes and standards applicable to design of projects.
- Maintains collaborative inter-departmental and cross functional working relationships with members of the project team.
- Performs initial QA/QC review of project submissions.
- Assists senior management in development of schedules, technical proposals, and labor hour estimates.
- Works closely with project teams to effectively describe and deliver scope of work.
- Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverables and reduce design errors & omissions.
- Performs and checks design calculations, technical specifications, and prepares cost estimates.
- Develops and maintains design budgets for routine scopes of work.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in position relevant Engineering field from ABET-accredited school, Landscape Architecture, or related field of study.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years job-related experience.
- Licensure/Certification: Professional Engineer (PE) required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of A/E/S industry and the ability to quickly review, understand, and resolve complex design and construction related issues.
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation/InRoads, and/or Hydrologic and Hydraulic Software Packages to be used for Site Layout, Grading, Utility, and Storm Water Management Plan design and/or other discipline-specific programs preferred.
- New York DEC regulatory experience.
Larson Design Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization