To update your business hours please complete the form linked here.
The Tioga Chamber is here to help any business. Contact us via email at email@example.com or leave a message at 607-687-2020.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday extended the “NY PAUSE” directive — mandating non-essential businesses and schools remain closed — until May 15.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Baker Center para-professional tutor:
• Provides tutorial services to drop-in and online student clientele.
• Cultivates a friendly, caring, creative, and open-minded atmosphere.
• Possesses a positive attitude, respects cultural differences, and believes in each individual's potential.
• Serves as a role model for students and a mentor to peer tutors and helps guide them through the tutor training process.
• Assumes a supervisory role over center functions as needed.
• Dresses and acts as an ambassador for the Baker Center.
In addition, the para-professional tutor works to maintain an awareness of the tutees in the Center and tries to meet the needs of
all present. During tutorial sessions, the tutor strives to identify and develop each learner's unique strengths and strives to help
the tutees become independent learners.
The para-professional is expected to complete (in a timely manner) all aspects of tutor training, as recommended by their
professional mentor. This person can sometimes run training sessions and can create modules for online tutor training. Paraprofessional
tutors participate in special projects or initiatives, help to maintain a clean and orderly appearance in the Center
and perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 semesters tutoring or teaching experience
• Associate's degree or equivalent (60+ college credits) with a focus on course work in an appropriate discipline.
• Substantive course work in a relevant discipline including, but not limited to, accounting, biology, chemistry, computer
science, math, physics, or English/writing.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from current institution of higher education (previous institution if not currently a
• One recommendation from a previous employer (in the teaching/tutoring realm).
• Proficiency test (if recommended).