Essential Functions / Major Duties
- Analyzes financial statements, tax returns, debt and income reports, and trade and bank references to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit.
- Prepares Loan Approval Records that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit. These reports are subsequently shared with Loan Officers, the Loan Officer Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Utilizes latest technology and software to accurately and efficiently analyze customer information. This includes generating financial ratios to evaluate customers’ financial status.
- Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of businesses being evaluated with those of similar business in the same industries and geographic locations.
- Advises and assists lenders in structuring loan credits according to bank policy, implementing commercial loan procedures and interest rate structure.
- Prepares Commitment Letters and Appraisal Engagement Letters.
- Orders credit reports, appraisals, inspections, EDRs and flood certifications.
- Analyzes and monitors the credit worthiness of existing account base and recommends appropriate risk ratings based on established guidelines.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills including spreadsheet analysis.
- Word processing, and use of computerized commercial loan analysis programs.
- Proficient interpersonal relations, communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank commercial products and services.
- Working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures that impact commercial services.
- Working knowledge of current bank regulations impacting the commercial lending function.
- Broad knowledge of loan documentation and collateral policies and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or another related field preferred
- Two years experience in related position preferred