Weitsman Recycling LLC, a division of Weitsman Family of Companies, the East Coast's largest privately held scrap metal processor, is currently looking for 3 experienced Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanics.
We are paying "TOP WAGES" starting at a base rate of $20.00 an hour. Higher wages paid based on experienced. We offer a competitive benefit package, with plenty of overtime opportunities.
Maintain service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles through troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
Example Job Duties:
- Must have knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical problems of all heavy equipment, including but not limited to front end loaders, cranes, forklifts, trucks and skidsteers.
- Experience in welding and fabrication a plus.
- Experience with electrical and hydraulic engines preferred.
- Maintains functional equipment by listening to operator input, conducting inspections, repairing mechanical and electrical system malfunctions; replacing parts and components on all heavy equipment.
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies and performing preventive maintenance.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen test prior to employment.
- Ability to work outdoors in hot/cold temperatures year round.
- Flexible to work off hours, weekends and holidays in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to engage in strenuous physical activity.
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward your resume to this Indeed job posting or apply in person at our Owego location located at 15 West Main Street, Owego, New York 13827
Weitsman Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Weitsman Family of Companies would like to thank all applicants for applying. However, only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted.